3 an enlisted man responsible for the upkeep of small arms and machine guns etc. [syn: armorer, armourer]
- Portuguese: artífice
- , Genesis 4:22
- And Zillah, she also bare Tubal-cain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.
Artificer could refer to:
- A person who makes artifacts
- Artificer Sergeant Major, an appointment held by a Warrant Officer Class 1 in the Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
- A soldier of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers selected for special electro-mechanical training and rapid promotion to the rank of Staff Sergeant.
- The Royal Artificers, a corps of the British army which in 1813 became the Royal Sappers and Miners, which in 1856 merged into the Royal Engineers
- Instrument Artificer, a person who has served a recognized apprenticeship in the field of Measurement and Control.
- Marine/Air/Weapons Engineering Artificer, was a branch of the Royal Navy undergoing specialist engineering training and rapid promotion to Chief Petty Officer.